Every time the new year comes around, we’re motivated to clear out the clutter and bring in fresh new items. Over the past few months, we’ve been paying close attention to under-the-radar trends that we think will be coming our way, and here are 9 of our favorite picks, plus where to get them.
1. Pearl. There’s no doubt you’ve been seeing beautiful pearl accessories popping up on your insta feed and we’re going all in on this one. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a pair of modern pearl earrings, a pearl band, or maybe even a cardigan with pearl buttons.
2. Lantern Pleats. Whether in the form of home decor or accessories, it’s going to be having a moment. We love this lantern pleat lamp shade and this bag that can double as or how it is translated and you’re seeing seashell inspired jewelry and home decor and hand fans.
3. Square Toe Shoes. And, while we’re thinking square, give square neck tops and dresses a shot, too.
4. Hair accessories. Specifically statement headbands and barrettes. If they’re donned with pearls or shells, even better.
5. Beaded bags for every personality, like the quirky statements from Susan Alexandra, or even our personal favorite mini shoulder bag from Parisian Brand Lina Habbal.
6. Matisse-inspired fashion and accessories. We started noticing this last year with earrings, but everything from canvas totes, handbags, scarves, and shirts featuring the feminine form are making their way mainstream.
7. Wide Leg Jeans. While we still love our skinny and straight leg jeans, we’re majorly inspired by these looks and are currently making room in our rotation for wide leg jeans.
8. Lucite Jewelry
9. Seashells. We’re seeing some commonalities between a few of these trends, namely lantern pleats, pearls and shell jewelry. Nonetheless, we’d be remiss to not include this one separately. Plus, there’s some pretty amazing seashell inspired home accent pieces we’ve been seeing lately, too.
This post may contain affiliate links from which we may earn a small commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.